You can use a food processor to make baba ghanouj, but take care not to make it too smooth; this is supposed to be a rustic, slightly chunky dip.
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp tahini paste
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Peel and slice 2 medium eggplant about 3/8 inch.
- Drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- Grill on high about 3 minutes per side. Let cool.
- In food processor, blend 1 small garlic clove with eggplant.
- Add tahini paste, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Run on continuous and add in olive oil. Run until smooth. Add more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.